The Next Wave of Services Enabled by Combining Connected and Autonomous Vehicle Technology
- Sort by:
- Default /
- Time /
- Main Conference
- The Autonomous Era
- The Connected Car
- Panel Discussion
Registration, Exhibition & Welcome Coffee
Welcome from TU-Automotive
Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
Takaaki Sugiura, Principal Researcher, Group Leader, Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.
How mobility will impact Japan and the World
Roger Lanctot, Director, Automotive Connected Mobility, Strategy Analytics
Consumers are rethinking car ownership. Car makers are rethinking car manufacturing. In a world increasingly dominated by mobility services has the car factory become more of a liability than an asset? The demands of software, services and cybersecurity are shifting the center of gravity from making cars to managing cars and monetizing vehicle data. Can today’s car makers make, manage and monetize? Do they want to? How is the tug of war between dealers, rental car companies, transportation network companies and car makers going to play out?
China’s Car Revolution - The future of Automotive
Victor Zhang, Director China, SBD Automotive
- What can we learn from China’s aspirations to go global? Applying new thinking to an old industry
- It’s not just about the car! Embracing Cloud & AI Services to increase safety and redefine the user experience
- Adjust company culture & business thinking from manufacturer to service provider. From software to operations and customer service, what new skills and departments are needed?
Big data and data monetisation - extracting the right data and turning it into a value proposition
Vivek Vaidya, Sr. Vice President, Mobility, Frost & Sullivan
- How data will transform transportation as a service
- Three models of data monetization
- Key use cases of data monetization
- Opportunities for the value chain
Coffee Break & Networking
The road to Society 5.0 - Government’s Vision for the future
Gaku Nakazato, Director, new generation mobile communications office, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
- What will be the impact on the automotive industry?
- Utilizing AI and big data to drive this digital transformation
Collaborate & Integrate! Deliver a Fully Digital Customer Journey Together
Koji Hosaka, President of Xevo KK and GM of Automotive, Xevo
- In-house, bought-in or developed in partnership? Learn how much automakers are investing in their own systems e.g. AI or if the trend is moving more toward collaboration
- Weigh up benefits & disadvantages of developing in-house v external – incl. fragmentation of isolated system development v open standards giving access to third parties
- Identify case studies of successful partnerships for developing digital services or collaborative technology development
The future of Human-Machine Interface (HMI) and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
Dr. Daisuke Emmanji, Head of I S&T Japan Systems & Technology, Interior Division Continental Automotive Japan K.K.
- Driver behaviour modelling and technical issues - how to implement interface between human and automotive
- Integration and adaption - automotive grade Linux
- Safety and security issues
Lunch & Networking
How 5G is paving the way for a new era of connected cars
Toshiro Muramatsu, Deputy general manager, telematics engineering group, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- 5G technology and the adaption to vehicles
- New value created in car space
- Will there be bilateral deals or joint ventures/investment or risk sharing between individual OEMs and telecoms operators or will there be a role for intermediaries to help facilitate deals with several operators depending on network coverage?
Voice and the personal assistant: What is the car of the future going to look like?
Yuji Hirabayashi, Executive Advisor, Denso IT Laboratory Inc.
- The era of voice has finally taken off in the car, largely helped by the proliferation consumer digital assistants. How can we effectively take advantage of these technologies for auto?
- What will be the role of voice?
- Is the user interface relevant anymore?
Critical Considerations for Scaling Your Connected Car Platform
Tomo Yamaguchi, Country Manager Japan, Solace
How well your connected car platform performs will make a difference to your top and bottom line.
Get an overview of how to make it work - in real time, at scale, and with performance and reliability - including:
- Common issues connecting tens of millions of vehicles
- Real-world examples of architectures that work
- Key attributes of platforms that address today’s needs and lay the foundation for tomorrow’s requirements
Coffee & Networking Break
Is 5G the evolutionary path to autonomous driving?
Hidekazu Fukai, NTT docomo
- How will V2X support this move
- C-V2X experiment
- What will the impact be on the industry and what are the critical requirements?
Acknowledging the elephant in the room: Is a fully autonomous future achievable?
Yoshiki Ninomiya, Director/ Professor, TierIV, Inc/ Nagoya University
Ali Izadi, Head of Intelligent Mobility, Bloomberg NEF
- When will we achieve Level 4 meaningfully and how will this change mobility?
- How are we going to win back public opinion?
- When is the human going to be taken out of the equation?
Panel Discussion: Blockchain: The holy grail for the automotive industry?
Aditya Kaul, Research Director, Tractica
Soichiro Takagi, Professor, Executive Research Fellow, General Manager Research Division Center, Global Communications (GLOCOM), International University of Japan
- Will blockchain drive innovation and solutions across the entire industry?
- How will blockchain disrupt the automotive industry?
- Will blockchain overcome trust issues - people trusting sharing, autonomous driving and infrastructure that affects their mobility efficiency and safety?
Accelerator Showcase - Accelerators and Incubators showcase 2 of their hottest start-ups in the is fast paced finale to day one.
Tetsu Nakajima, Chief Investment Officer, Mistletoe Inc.
Shohei Okudera, Co-Founder, WOTA
Nobuhiro Kishimoto, President & CEO, Magellan Systems Japan
Shingo Ehara, Mobility Director, Plug and Play Japan
Yukihiro Yamamoto, Senior Director of Business Development & Operation, Trillium Secure
Saneyoshi Keiji, Chairman, ITD Labs
Accelerators and Incubators showcase 2 of their hottest start-ups in the is fast paced finale to day one.